Motorised Blinds and their Uses
When it comes to decorating your house with soft furnishings, such as blinds, it can be easy to go for the conventional, manually-operated blinds, as a standard go-to choice. However, motorised blinds are certainly on the uprise now, with their benefits becoming more and more known. So in this month’s article, we’re going to discuss the benefits of motorised blinds in more depth, so you can see if it is something that would appeal to you, or help make your life a little easier.
How do motorised blinds work?
The basics of motorised blinds are fairly straight forwards. Using electric power, you are able to tilt the position of the blind slats, or pull down and retract the entire blind to suit your requirements at that specific moment in time.
This is done via a remote control and some programmes even allow you to operate your blinds from another room in the house (depending on the range that is set). And again, depending on the programme you opt for, you could be able to operate up to 25 blinds, all from the same remote control.
Just remember, the remote controls are mostly battery operated. So if you notice that your blinds aren’t responding when actioned, it could be an indication that it’s time to change the batteries.
What can motorised blinds be used for?
Motorised blinds can be used for a whole range of different window types and room settings. Some of the most popular and common uses however, are for:
- Bifolding doors
- Any size window
- Velux windows
- Lanterns (rooflight windows)
This is largely down to the fact that they are either large windows or in hard to reach areas.
What are the benefits?
There are a large number of benefits for having motorised blinds installed in your home. The three c’s are the most applicable (and memorable):
These blinds really are the ultimate when it comes to convenience. Simply with the touch of a button, you can manoeuvre the blinds to your desired position and either filter through the natural light, offer protection from the sun’s glare or have privacy when you need it.
Aside from the three C’s, there are many other advantages to motorised blinds, making them an attractive choice for many :
- Increase your home’s value – You can look at it from an investment point of view, as these will add value to your home’s current worth.
- Alternative to an alarm clock – Rather than relying on an alarm clock to wake you up in the morning, you can schedule your blinds to open at a certain time, and wake up with the natural light.
- Extra security – By scheduling your blinds to open and close when you’re away from home, you can help protect your property and make it look like it is occupied still.
- Disabilities – There are certain things we take for granted when we are able-bodied, such as being able to stand and reach to close blinds. Therefore, automated blinds are a fantastic option for those who are disabled or less able to move around.
- They’re fun! – Although not so much a practical benefit, motorised blinds are definitely a fun gadget to have!
If you’d like to find out more about motorised blinds and what styles are available in them, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Angel Blinds and Shutters. We’ll be more than happy to discuss your requirements and budget, to find something suitable for your needs.
Not sure what you need? Talk to one of our friendly staff on 0800 151 0229